Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"This Woman's Work:" individual disks available(?!!)

From: elana@netcom.com (Elana Beach)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1993 23:20:41 -0500
Subject: "This Woman's Work:" individual disks available(?!!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I'm not a regular on Love-Hounds or gaffa, so forgive me for not posting
this earlier...

I was in the Netherlands about 5 weeks ago.  My Netherlands friend and I
went CD-shopping in Amsterdam one day.  He was complaining a bit over
not being able to get "This Woman's Work" box set, which, like everyone
else, he wanted it for the extra CDs with the rare releases.

Then, in the Virgin megastore in Amsterdam, he found one of the TWW special
CDs being sold SINGLY with the rest of the Kate stuff.  Sheesh, we thought,
someone must be breaking up the box set.  I sez to him, well if that's so, maybe
you can get your hands on one of the TWW booklets for free.  The clerk
told him it did not work that way...  "this is how it was ordered, this is
how we got them" whatever that meant.

So we went off to some other huge Amsterdam CD store which for the life
of me, I cannot remember the name of.  There, my Netherlands friend found
the *OTHER* TWW rare disk, along with a fair supply of both disks in
the rack!  Being sold individually!  For about 40 guilders apiece.
We found a clerk that apparently knew what she was talking about, and
*SHE* said that the store was able to order these CDs individually
from their supplier.  No, they were not breaking up the box.  Their supplier
was *offering* them this way.

Well...  heck...

The last thing I need is a bunch of Love-Hounds forming a lynch mob
to kill the unfortunate messenger (me!) so I am BEGGING anyone in the
Netherlands to PLEASE call the really major record stores in Amsterdam and
FIND OUT WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON.

For all I know, this was perhaps
just an anomaly that was occuring in the time of mid-late November
when I was there.  Or perhaps the disks are now available singly
in the Netherlands for a long time.  The heck if I know.  I'm stuck
back in the States now for a VERY long time.   Go figure.

-Elana