Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mail from the KBC

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1993 00:12:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Mail from the KBC
To: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

[Mail from KBC about new mag:]
> 1. How does someone from the US, for example, send payment for the new
> mag?  What qualifies as a "British Cheque" and can something acceptable
> be found at local banks?

I wonder too. Why aren't Eurochecks (won't help you Americans, but us Europeans)
on this list? You can pretty easy go to your bank and get British currency
for a check I've written in British currency. And I'd have to pay for the
conversation - should be exactly what's needed.

I'll probably send cash instead of a check. This SHOULD work out. Maybe
I'll also ask for the best way to pay. International Money Orders are
way too expensive - about as expensive as 2 of the magazines themselves.
(At least from Germany)

> 2. How do we find out what the price of the issue is for those overses before
> they are all gone, as sending an SASE & IRC to ask would take a while.

Can't help you with that one.

> US KBC members know?

Yes! Anyone?

Bye,

Uli

--
Das ist wie mit der Gleichung von Fermat - ein Raetsel, das wir wohl nie
loesen werden - Captain Picard, StarTrek TNG, Folge 'Hotel Royal'