Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EVIL

From: "Bradley N. Hutchinson" <bhutchin@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 93 20:14:13 EST
Subject: EVIL
To: Kate Bush list <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Chris,
Using the word evil (ok, giving the reader a choice between evil and
deluded) to describe someone who Kate obviously thinks of as a
help to her seems a bit overzealous.  It's a good rhtorical
technique but unfair.  Why does it bother you so much?  If pain
and grief can be gotten over by using these type of people, why
bother arguing their worth?  We can't prove that their claims
are true or false.
B-you're definitely inspired by your argument and are very
skillful with rhetoric but I fear you're a bit weak on
substance.
--
bhutchin@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu
Last night I had that dream again