Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Christmas!

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 93 18:09:29 EST
Subject: Happy Christmas!
To: ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Peter Gabriel..Tori Amos..

from Chris and I (and our cats...not that they *understand* the concept,
but they're white cats and look cute with red ribbons and tinsel on
them)

While Chris was asleep this morning, I spent a very enjoyable morning
in IRC (#ecto) with various and sundry wonderful people. Paul from
Moscow, Mike from St. Petersburg (listening to Kate for the *first*
time as we were "chatting"!) and Philip from New Zealand, with occasional
hellays from Tim Cook in England and Scott Zimmerman in California.
I had a wonderful time! It was especially fun when Mike typed out phrases
he could hear from Kate songs and Paul or I (whoever was fastest) would
give him the name of the song and the album (Mike hasn't yet gotten a
list of what's on this compilation tape sent to him by Alex Gibbs).

It was "Name That Tune" with lyrics :-) (I can name that tune in 4 words...
"a sense of advent...." "TENNER! There Goes A Tenner from The Dreaming!")
Btw, Mike *loved* what he was hearing!!

Paul was sitting at his terminal in Moscow listening to "Equipoise" on
headphones, while I was sitting at my terminal in Chicago, listening to
"Equipoise" on headphones...it was *great*! (Jeffy and I did that once
too, with Rhodes I. Lots o' fun!)

It was a *very* nice Christmas morning, all in all.

Merry <whatever it is you celebrate here> and to the rest, Happy Saturday! :)

Vickie