Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Home for Christmas

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 93 01:45:14 -0500
Subject: Home for Christmas
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

After spending a pleasant Christmas Eve with a friend at his family's
house, I got into my car at 1am to head home and, of course, the radio
turned on alongside the engine.

A pretty voice immediately greeted my ears, causing me to reach out and
turn up the volume before figuring out what I was listening to.

It only took a second to realize that it *had* to be "Home for Christmas"
by KaTe.

What a wonderful experience!  This is only the second time in my life that
I've heard a KaTe track on the radio before I heard it on a recording.  The
first was the live version of RUTH from the Amnesty International
fundraiser (The Secret Policeman's Third Ball).  And this was the first
time I'd heard a *completely* new-to-me KaTe song.

And oh, what a song it is!  I've been searching for the RBG domestic single
for a week or so with no luck.  Guess I'll be redoubling my efforts as soon
as the stores re-open after Xmas!  KaTe's voice is just *stunning* and the
arrangement is oh-so-much fun!  Delightful.  Thought I doubt it'll replace
"December Will Be Magic Again" as my favorite Christmas song by anyoneever.

(well, okay, I dig the hell out of Tori's "Little Drummer Boy" but you
can't buy that anywhere...:-(  )

Happy Holidays, all!

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "Everything is still with a fear of never coming out |
|Suffering Bad Grammar|  Never following through / Never ever finishing      |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu |  What we wanted to do."  -- Melissa Ferrick          |