Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Tour/Top of the City/General Confusion/The Film

From: nessus@twitch.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 20:03:07 GMT
Subject: Re: The Tour/Top of the City/General Confusion/The Film
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <9312221802.AA10733@husc8.harvard.edu>
henrik@husc.harvard.edu writes:

>   When is the film coming to Boston?  Is the film coming to Boston?

The Brattle Theatre told me a few weeks back that they are probably
going to put the film on their Spring schedule.

>   Is "Top of the City" released as a single here in the US?  FNX keeps
>   playing it saying "Here's the latest from Kate Bush..."  I thought we
>   were still on "Rubberband Girl".

"Top of the City" is not a single.  WFNX just has a habit of sometimes
making their own picks as to what tracks on an album they think should
have been singles and then playing the tracks as if they *were*
singles.  Personally, I think "Top of the City" sounds mighty unlikely
as a single, and it seems quite strange to me when I hear it on WFNX.
I think "Constellation of the Heart" or "And So Is Love" would have
been much better choices.

>   Is there gonna be a tour?  Where can I buy tickets?  (I know, I know,
>   they're not on sale yet, but it can't hurt to send a little extra
>   enthusiasm off into the ozone if it firms things up a little).

Abandon all hope!

   <nessus@mit.edu>