Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

<None>

From: "/R=TNTVAX/R=MRGATE/R=MRTNT/U=jk3@tntvax.ntrs.com/FFN=jk3@tntvax.ntrs.com/"@mr.ntrs.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 09:29:42 CST
Subject: <None>
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Alternate-Recipient: prohibited
Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
Hop-Count: 0
Mr-Received: by mta TNTV1; Relayed; Wed, 22 Dec 1993 09:29:42 -0600 (CST)
Ua-Content-Id: <None>
X400-Mts-Identifier: [;G2E40611722DEC199309294257]

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jk3@tntvax.ntrs.com
Date: 22 Dec 93 09:29:28 -0600

	If anybody can answer this quiestion for me I would greatly appreciate
it. In the song "Lilly," Kate refernces the angels Gabriel, Raphael, Michael,
and Uriel. This is very similar to the prayer found in the Jewish prayer called
the "Night Prayer" which reads "...may Michael be at my right hand, and Gabriel
at my left, before me Uriel, behind me Raphael..." The only difference in
Kate's lyrics is that she transposed the "directions" of Gabriel and Uriel.
Does anyone know the origin of where this cam from??? My prayer book gives no
clue, and the only thing I know about is that they were angels.