Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-53 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS in Commercial

From: gaffa@mind.org (Valerie)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 00:07:41 -0500
Subject: TRS in Commercial
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Meredith mentioned seeing an ad for The Wiz (I think that's the whole
nam4e...the rest is the insipid slogan, meant to inspire images of
leprachauns puking).
Alas, a chain he4re in Atlanta is doing the4 same thing...It's Camelot, I
think, but possibly Turtle's. Again, one of those big mega-companies that
carry Top 40 crap and whatever the manager's taste in music is.  Perhaps
they are owned by the same corporation...
But anyhow, I think we all have to face it...Kate is becoming
(semi)popular in this country now.  Gone are 6th4e glory days when you c
ould lovingly brag to your ignorant friends about this amazing artist
named Kate Bush, and revel in he4r obscurity.  TRS seems to be all over
the place, one of the big sells for the x-mas season. *sigh*

On the same note, though, I've seen subway posters around town for the
new Cocteau Twins album, of all things.  Anyone else seen them?  And why
CT, but not Kate?

==> Valerie
gaffa@mind.org

--
mind.org     404/659-5720     Public Access Usenet in Atlanta