Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-53 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Community, pride, and whatnot

From: engjs@wombat.newcastle.edu.au (James Smith)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 04:04:24 GMT
Subject: Re: Community, pride, and whatnot
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@seagoon.newcastle.edu.au

Robert Henderson writes:

> A while ago, I was planning on posting a detailed
> description of the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, with
> annotations as to what each part meant, and the magic(k)al symbolism
> in the other parts of the song "Lily".  "Sure," I thought, "everyone will
> be interested in this sort of thing, getting a new insight into the
> song, etc."

If you want to post it, post it. Some people will be interested. Some
will think it's a load of crap. And some will flame you for it. Post
it for those who want to read it and ignore the others.

> "Oh no, Kate doesn't
> really believe that bullsh*t, and if you do, you're an idiot."

I agree. So what? Idiots have as much right to an opinion as the
rest of us blowhards. :-)

> And in closing, no, I can't prove that Kate is into the occult.
> But then, you can't prove that she isn't.

I'm sure she's said in one of her interviews that she doesn't believe
in it, though I can't quote the source of the top of my head.
She does have some weird views about "energies", though.

Jim
--
James J Smith             | One of the biggest obstacles to the future
School of Engineering     | of computing is C. C is the last attempt