Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-53 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Lilly", and what's appropriate to post

From: nessus@twitch.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 18:47:19 GMT
Subject: "Lilly", and what's appropriate to post
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <m0pADdA-000iliC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>
chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>   I have no problem with the discussion of *anything* pertaining to
>   Kate lyrics. The problem is that there was a tremendous amount of
>   pointless chatter about finding the "ritual" and absolute diddley
>   about the song. Sure it may be interesting to you, but until someone
>   has something useful to say about it *as relates to the song*
>   there are better places to discuss it (alt.magick and e-mail.)

I disagree completely.  If anyone has any knowledge of anything
related to the protection ritual described in "Lilly", please post it.

I address the following to a potential poster of information on the
ritual described in "Lilly": This is precisely the kind of thing that
this group was created for.  There's no requirement for any direct
bearing on the song "Lilly" because even though you may not see a
direct bearing, the knowledge you pass on by posting may cause someone
else to see something very interesting about the song.  This may then
stimulate an interesting and lively conversation.

I address the following to any potential poster who has anything truly
nasty to say about about another individual, be that individual Chris,
Vickie, Jorn, Allan Balliett, or me: No one cares whether or not what
you have to say is true.  No one wants to hear it.  Take it somewhere
else.  This is not what this group was created for.

   <nessus@mit.edu>
--
"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"