Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New US single

From: greg@deming.eng.ufl.edu (Greg O'Rear)
Date: 14 Dec 1993 18:18:18 GMT
Subject: Re: New US single
To: rec-music-gaffa@bikini.cis.ufl.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

davisg@ava.bcc.orst.edu (Glen Davis) writes:
>I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so I will.  The second U.S. single
>from TRS is now out your local store.  It's Rubberband Girl

Well, I mentioned it.  It has that "Show a Little Devotion" song on it,
which was understandably left off TRS.  (Hmmm...this reminds me of a Blackadder
quote (paraphrasing): `The Baron von Richtoven is renowned for having the
worst personality in Germany, and as you can imagine, he's up against some
pretty stiff competition.')

>didn't buy it because I was at a Musicland and they wanted $7.00 for it.

I'm surprised.  I bought it at Media Play, which is owned by Musicland, for
$4.99 or so.

>Is "Home for X-mas" the traditional one we all grew up on or is it an original

It's an original, though it's done in an old-fashioned style that made me
think it was a cover of an old '30s tune.