Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate!!!!!

From: Les <WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 23:07:48 EST
Subject: Kate!!!!!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

.....listening to the interview right now....

and Tippi and I got in to see Kate and The Line, The Cross and the Curve!!!!
I still can't believe it.....a week of phoning in to that contest only to hear
the "BEEP BEEP BEEP" endlessly.....
We decided to scope out CFNY (for the interview) and the Royal Ontario Museum
for scalpers (the going rate was $100 according to the radio)....but no luck.
We waited at the ROM's entrance until it was 8pm.....watching many smiling
ticket winners go in.....and then there were just seven of us non-ticket holder
s left.  One of us went in and started to plead her case and when we all joined
her inside, she said "Look...there are only seven of us...surely there must be
enough room...or even standing room?"  After several nervous moments, the
hostess said "I'll see what I can do".....A few minutes later, she came back an
d said "Ok....come with me....but you may not find seats together."
As soon as we were seated...3 minutes literally.....Kate was introduced and
everyone greeted her with applause, a standing ovation...and a few "We Love
You!" lines.  She walked right by the aisle seats we were in....not more than
5 feet away!!!  She introduced the film and returned to her seat at the back
row.  The film was GREAT.....but I won't go into that because others already
have.  Anyway...afterward...we went back to CFNY only to find the place
(the windows) covered up!!  We gave X-mas cards to the CFNY people for Kate
and then left so we could be back to tape this interview.....

Wow....what a rollercoaster evening....!!!  Thanks to Tippi for being the
optimist.

Les