Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy!!!

From: langrlld@rtsg.mot.com (Daniel J. Langrill)
Date: 13 Dec 1993 23:47:36 GMT
Subject: Happy!!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I finally found Happy Rhodes!! She's not an easy artist to find!
Of all places that I found her, it was in Waves (a
Musicland-type store) no less.  Needless to say, I am
VERY IMPRESSED!

I bought "Warpaint".  Also there were "Rhodes I" and "Rhodes II".
When I first saw the covers of "Rhodes I and II", I thought that
maybe 'Happy Rhodes' is also the name of some lesser-known
cheese-metal band or something (with the gremlin-like guys on
the cover).  When I saw "Warpaint", I felt better, because I know
you all talk about that album.

So, what's the other stuff like?  Please tell me that "Warpaint"
is Happy's WORST album, because it's so awesome!

Are "Rhodes I" and/or "Rhodes II" worth it?  I hope so, seeing that
those are the only other Happy CDs that I've seen...

BTW, Vickie, I noticed that your name is in the "Thanks" section...
So that's why you're always selling Happy, huh? :)

In the mean time (before I hear about what my next Happy album should
be), I'll keep "Warpaint" on continuous play.

Dan

P.S.  -- Next question -- What's the mailing address of ecto?  I'm
debating whether I have enough time on my hands to keep up with RDT,
rec.music.gaffa, AND ecto...
--

Dan Langrill
langrlld@marble.rtsg.mot.com