Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush to be on MTV 120 Minutes Next Week (Tentative)

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 03:22:36 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate Bush to be on MTV 120 Minutes Next Week (Tentative)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

hoyme@src.honeywell.com (Ken Hoyme) writes:
> The announcer on 120 Minutes just mentioned that he hopes that Kate will
> be interviewed on next week's show.  This was as he was introducing the
> video for "Rubberband Girl".  (12:12AM CST was the mention.)

For those curious he said "... video from Kate Bush, who we believe is
going to be on this very show next week.  We're crossing our fingers
and hoping."  At the end of the show he said something like you never
know who might show up and listed a few people, including Kate.
Now that RbG is in regular circulation it'e be nice if they would
play some other KT video in 120 Minutes, even EtM.  I guess the UK
RbG would be too much to ask.

> Let us hope!!!

Indeed!  Where do they tape it?  I thought it was LA.  Guess she might not
have to be in the same place though.

She's still at number 4 on the 120 Min chart.

Anyone notice that Peter Gabriel's "Rhythm of the Heat" is used in the
commercial for the movie _Tombstone_?  I always thought "Intruder"
would also be a great song for some films.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?