Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Male Artists? and Happy Rhodes question

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 23:04:54 EST
Subject: Re: Male Artists? and Happy Rhodes question
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

at895@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kevin F. Holy) writes:

>Secondly, could someone mail me if there is some sort of box set currently
>available for Happy? I got into Kate recently, but sadly I got in too
>quickly because I missed hearing about TWW til recently. So, my question
>is, does Happy have some sort of Box set of many/all/some of her albums? If
>so, mail me. If not, ignore this paragraph. And if there is one out there,
>tell me the price (US), please!

It's a great idea, but no, there is no Box Set for Happy. They thought
about it briefly when her first 4 albums were re-released on CD (up to
then they'd only been available on cassette. Happy has never had anything
released on LP) but the idea was dropped. It's not likely to happen any
time soon, not unless Happy got picked up by a major label and the label
decided to do it. But a) major labels are still ignoring her and b) even
if she were signed after the release of her next album, they'd consider
her a "new" <snort> artist and certainly wouldn't release a Box Set
immediately.

Vickie