Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate at Tower

From: Sam Warren <I_SW@zis.ziff.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 13:01:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Kate at Tower
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Well I had to work until 5:00 pm yesterday, so I didn't get to Tower until
5:20, but I thought, "she's going to be here for at least two hours, I'm sure
I'm not too late."  Oops!  She was scheduled to stay until 6:00, but ending up
staying until 7:00 (out of the Kateness of her heart).  Yes, she was still
there when I got there, but the line was AROUND THE BLOCK!  It went from the
entrance to 4th Street, 4th to Lafayette, down to 3rd (or whatever the Street
just south of 4th is), and back to Broadway.  Now that's some line.

So I won't keep you in suspense, I'll let you know right here that I didn't get
to see her.  I waited an hour and a half, and they just sent us away. (Alright
now, who's scheduling my pity party?)  BUT:  I had a great time!  Kate fans are
a lot of fun.  I talked with people who subscribe to Homeground, and someone
who used to get Still Breathing, but who doesn't know if it is still available
or not (I couldn't help him).  I didn't see a single Love-Hound, though.  I'm
sure the hounds who were there got there MUCH earlier.

I heard from someone who came out after having met with her, and he said she
was being very friendly and personable to everyone.  She didn't just sign "Kate
Bush", but rather included the person's name, and a brief message.  I guess
that would have been pretty exciting, had I gotten in.  I had brought the lid
from the box set, for which I bought a silver marker (since you obviously
wouldn't be able to read a signature in pen :-)) which cost $2.95.  I don't
need this darn marker for anything else, so I guess I wasted a couple bucks on
a dream that never came to be :-(.

-Sam