Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Q Magazine and film report

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 17:10:24 GMT
Subject: Q Magazine and film report
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>From: smith drt <p0070421@cs3.oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
>Subject: Q Magazine KaTe Film
>
>Below is a brief write up of KaTe's The Line, The Cross and The Curve that
>I discovered in the stoires pages of Q Magazine.

>On the other hand, the buffeting she took from a
>combination of hyperfans and paparazzi while leaving the Odeon West End could
>put her off a further re-emergence from the Bush compound for some time to
>come.

There was a rugby scrum around Kate as she tried to leave. I followed the throng
out onto the street but could not even spot Kate in the melee (well she is small!).
I think it would have been much better to show the film at the National Film Theatre
where they are much more accustomed to dealing with stars and directors.

>The story.review also appears with a picture of Kate alongside someone called
>Rosa Bosch (forgive my ignorance but I don't know who Rosa Bosch is).

I think she was just one of the organisers from the festival committee. In fact
she did not handle the whole affair very well. Before the first film she said
its director would come up at the end, then they would show Kate's film and
then she would come up and speak about it. What actually happened was that
she called kate up before TLTC&TC was shown. Then after the film everyone
was a bit confused as to whether Kate would say anything else. When no one
appeared at the front to invite her up people did not know whether to wait or leave.
In the end Kate and her group started to go, were surrounded by people and it all
became a bit chaotic. At the NFT it is normal for the directors to come up
after the film and answer questions and then they are sheparded out through
side doors. At the Odeon none of this was possible,

Neil