Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mondo, KT in Space!

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1993 04:07:57 -0700
Subject: Mondo, KT in Space!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

"Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com> writes:
> Hi all.  Someone mentioned a while back that there was an ad in Mondo for
> TRS.  There is also one in the Dec. Wired on page 16.  It is a vertical

I don't think anyone knows if there was/is an ad in Mondo 2000, at
least I didn't see it.  I had asked about it though because someone
posted information from Columbia a couple months ago that mentioned
Mondo, among others, as "confirmed" promoters or some-such advertising
term.

> And of course, Kate didn't FLY to the U.S., she was carried by The Ninth
> Wave -- "and all the wave was in a flame . . ."

Actually, KT is on the Space Shuttle helping fix the Hubble Space
Telescope!  I kid you not!  She's passing through air to work on it
now.  Little do they know she is turning it inside out!!  Guess that's
why she came to the States last week: to catch the rocket, tail on
fire.  (The astronaut called KT is Kathy Thornton and she is doing it.
Guess this is one KT that loves to fly!!)  Peek-a-boo little Earth.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?