Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Recording glitch[es] on TRS?

From: finley@lambda.uleth.ca (Kent Finley)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 93 13:14:09 -0700
Subject: Recording glitch[es] on TRS?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

There was some discussion a while back about a possible recording glitch
on the new album during MoP.  If by this it was meant the high-pitched
I hear it quite consistently *throughout* the album, e.g. the end of
squeak at the beginning of the line ">Oh< God I can't stop laughing" then
EtM, the "I'll do it for you"s on SoS, throughout the title track, and
elsewhere.

I'd like to believe it's the release of a glottal stop--or something--
at a particularly high pitch (I've heard it on other tracks--"The Infant
Kiss", "You know >how< to work me", for instance), but it sounds suspicious.
I would defer to the opinion of an expert, however.  Mr. Drukman, what sayest
thou?

Whatever it is, it's annoying.  Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with the
album.

Peace,

Kent Finley            | "What ya thinking?
P.O.Box 2081           |  What am I singing?
Lethbridge, Alberta    |  A song of seeds
CANADA, eh? T1J 4K6    |  The food of love
finley@lambda.uleth.ca |                    Eat the Music"  -- Kate Bush