Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in person on Z-100 (NYC)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 93 01:20 CST
Subject: Re: Kate in person on Z-100 (NYC)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2dk22g$b9r@panix.com> David Silver writes:
>Steven Zwanger <szwanger@gnu.ai.mit.edu> wrote:
>>I called the radio station Z-100 today.  They said Kate is going
>>to be there Wednesday, Dec. 8, at 7pm, on the air.  They're
>>100.3 FM.
>
>This date is the anniversary of John Lennon's murder - indelibly etched
>into my memory.  I wonder if it will be acknowledged.

   Very likely. Quite a long time ago, Kate was the high bidder at a
Beatles memorbilia auction. One of the things she bought was a John
& Yoko "Two Virgins" statue.

   BTW, Kate did cover "She's Leaving Home" and "The Long and Winding
Road" while in Japan. It has appeared on a number of bootlegs, including
a red flexi-disc.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)
                                   katefans@chinet.chinet.com (ours)

   We will be off-line for the next few days. Jane Siberry, Holly Cole,
Victoria Williams, Rebecca Jenkins and Mary Margret O'Hara all at the
*same time*!