Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TRS in Vancouver

From: WATSON2@AppleLink.Apple.com (Allen Watson III)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1993 18:02:27 GMT
Subject: Re: TRS in Vancouver
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@gallant.apple.com

In article <9311291734.AA14144@hivnet.ubc.ca>, Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca wrote:
> . . . watching Much
> Music.  Is it just me or do they show a commercial (or break in and talk)
> after EVERY video?  God, it's so annoying! I can't watch for more than ten
> minutes.

I feel the same about MTV and VH-1 in the US.  I gave up watching in real
time; now I just let the VCR watch, then I make a fast scan through the
tape to check for anything new.  I call this technique trolling for videos.
 Not only do I get to zap the commercials and the mindless blather, but if
I find something good, I have it on tape.

> Strange party, this.  There's hundreds of people here but I can't see
> anyone, nobody's talking and I keep getting handed these little notes.
. . . sorta like passing notes in class . . .  8-)

+-----------------------------+     "Queremos genios en vida..."