Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CHART: Vancouver BC Canada: 11 Nov 93 / 18 Nov 93

From: neilg@sfu.ca
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 1:07:07 PST
Subject: Re: CHART: Vancouver BC Canada: 11 Nov 93 / 18 Nov 93
To: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu

> > THE GEORGIA STRAIGHT TOP 50 is a weekly survey of the best-selling
> > albums in the Greater Vancouver area [...]

 Ah, yes! Us Vancouverites have such *excellent* taste in music! :) Of
course, two of those individuals you mentioned - k.d. lang and Sarah
McLachlan - are local gals who made it big! :) And I suppose I've
contributed to the charts today. I picked up a copy of Thomas Dolby's
Golden Age of Wireless (as did Neile, I think) and grooved on memories
of high school and such - great album! And I also picked up
McLachlan's latest effort. It's reasonably good on first listen,
although not... focused, perhaps. I'm sure it'll grow on me.
Interesting, too, that TRS seems to be doing well. I don't know how
much airplay it's been getting.

 Oh-oh. Just looking at last week's charts... maybe we don't have such
good taste after all! I mean, Frank Sinatra, Abba, Celine Dion, INXS,
Garth Brooks, Janet Jackson... >cough<

 But there's also Spirit of the West and Holly Cole Trio in addition to
the ones Uli highlighted.

 - Neil K.

--
  49N 16' 123W 7'  /  Vancouver, BC, Canada  /  neil_k_guy@sfu.ca