Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: NFE & TRS Question

From: v088kczb@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Bruce L Young)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 01:33:00 GMT
Subject: Re: NFE & TRS Question
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nntp@acsu.buffalo.edu

In article <5425.9311121107@cs3.brookes.ac.uk>, p0070421@cs3.oxford-brookes.ac.uk (smith drt) writes...

>Am I alone in thinking that Never For Ever is KaTe's best album?

Not only do I firmly believe NFE to be KaTe's best, I also think it's probably
one of the two or three best albums of all time.  Every song is a joy (yes,
"Violin", too!) and the emotionality, range, and originality are simply
unbelievable.  My favorite criterion for a "great album" is that it's one
of a kind.  I can't say I've ever heard an album remotely like NFE (musically).
TKI, TD, HOL are all solid albums, but I don't find their musical ideas all
that original (see: Elton John, Peter Gabriel, mid-80's British MTV music -
in that order).  NFE is also the only Kate album I've loved on first listen
as well the one that made me an obsessed fan.

JMTC (just my 2c).

-Bruce