Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah & obKate

From: Richard Moynes <"pcsdev::moynes_r"@edidev.dofasco.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1993 18:19:59 EST
Subject: Sarah & obKate
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

  Saw Sarah McLachlan at Hamilton Place last Thurs. night.  Overall, I'd have
to say I was a bit disappointed, but only because I was expecting to be as
blown away as I was the last time I saw her (Toronto's Harbourfront Aug. '92).
It was still a great show and I'm looking forward to seeing her again in
Toronto on the 25th at Massey Hall.  She's highlighting her new album and
played everything from it except Ice Cream and Fear, from Solace she did
Drawn to the Rhythm, Into the Fire, Path of Thorns, Lost and I Will Not
Forget You, and from Touch she did Vox.  Her (partly) new lineup now has 2
guitarists so she doesn't play guitar as much as before, possibly so she can
concentrate more on her singing.  Ginger (former Grapes of Wrath) was the
opening act, but I only caught their last 2 songs so can't say much other than
that they sounded kind of Grapes of Wrath-y.

obKateTheRedShoesreviewandflamebait:
Gee, I've only had it 2-1/2 weeks, give me a break.  So far, all I can say
for sure is:
1. Song of Solomon is god.
2. Every time I play this CD, the damn phone rings.  Luckily nobody has
interrupted SoS so I haven't had to kill anyone because of it --- yet!  :)

obKateTheRedShoessightings:
  There are plenty of ads for The Red Shoes on Muchmusic these days (I've
actually seen 3, so that must mean they're playing them all day long!).  CFNY
in Toronto is playing plenty of Kate too.  Nearly every time I've been in the
car lately I hear Eat The Music or Rubberband Girl, but now I've made a Sarah
and Kate tape (no car-phone, see point #2 above) so I'm slipping back into
tape-listening mode.

Richard
moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca