Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Moments

From: ***SEMPSY*** <cmh205@cck.coventry.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 12:24:53 GMT
Subject: Moments
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

It is number 26 inthe official charts and number 14 in the network charts.The
video (or 2 and 1/2 mins of) was shown on the chart show, basically she was
spinning around in the air with various scenes going on behind her,not her
most impressive video, but to be fair the section was far too short to really
judge.
Anyway I got the collector's CD this morning, and i have to say I'm disgusted
with the end product.There are 3 tracks including MOP,ExpIV and December(not
the bongo version I hasten to add!).There are four cards one of the single
cover, 2 photos which look the same as the 12" ones and one with the lyrics on.
What annoys me is the total disregard for the fans on this release,including
tracks which have been singles in the past, limiting the instrumental to tape
and vinyl,limiting Home For Christmas(1:50 duration) to vinyl.There is no
excuse for including December when it was included on the 12" of ExpIV.This
reminds me of the 85 remix of I Have The Touch by Peter Gabriel which was
released god knows how many times!Also it can be said that 'Show Me Some
Devotion has been restricted to CD,they are people still who haven't got a CD
player.A better format would have been as follows:
Cassingle    MOP b/w MOP(instru)
12"          MOP b/w MOP(instru)/Home For.../Show Me Some Devotion
CD           same as 12"
CD Box       MOP b/w December(Bongo version)/Brazil/MOP(instru)
By having this format,it would be some inducement to buy the second CD other
than four cards!Although it wouldn't help those without a CD player to get
December or Brazil.
Andy Semple