Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate airplay/TRS review

From: freeform@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 10:08:41 EST
Subject: Kate airplay/TRS review
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "freeform" <freeform@aol.com>

Hi all..

Here in Virginia, there is a good alternative music station that has been
giving Kate a lot of airplay lately.   They had Eat The Music in "medium
rotation" on their playlist, and now that the full album is out, I have been
hearing Rubberband Girl and Top Of The City.    I've also heard Love & Anger
and The Sensual World recently.     And, last night at 11pm they played TRS
CD in it's entirety..

It is great that TRS hit #28 in Billboard!!   Apparently, all the Katefans
came out of the woodwork that week!

I haven't commented as yet on the album.   I knew that it would take several
listens to get into some of the songs.    At this point I would have to say
that I LOVE THIS CD.   I too like to play the songs in a different order than
the way the are.   My favorite tracks would have to be The Red Shoes and
Moments of Pleasure.    Like a lot of people, I wasn't too thrilled with some
of the songs, but they have all grown on me,  just as I expected them too.
So for me, this one ranks right up there with her other terrific albums.

I just picked up the MoP UK CD single yesterday, and so far I like Show A
Little Devotion just fine, but it will take a few more listens to decide what
I really think of it.

Free