Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1993 18:27:40 -0500
To: watmath!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: kktakaha@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca (Kevin Takahashi)
Subject: Re: ETM and SNL
Sender: news@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1993 23:27:37 GMT

In article <m0p0RfC-000ikxC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>,
chris williams <chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>>First, I recently rented the Saturday Night Live episode hosted by
>>Eric Idle in `79, the one that is SUPPOSED to have two performances
>>from Her Majesty.  They were deleted.  Has anyone else had this
>>problem?
>
>   The first release of SNL tape included the Eric Idle show. Kate
>was pictured on the box, but did not appear on the tape. This
>evil has never been avenged. Lorne Micheal is a pinhead.

It appears that Broadway Video has done an odd thing with older SNL episodes...
they've cut 'em down to fit in a 60 minute time slot.....which means tossing
not only the musical guest, but also some sketches...I remember watching on
some stupid station "syndicated" eps of SNL...and this is exactly what happened.

oh well.....maybe someday people will grow up.....or maybe they'll just die :)

								- Kevin
ObKate : Like TRS...but then I've only managed to listen to it twice so far...
'cause TRS is jockeying for position in my CD player with lots of other stuff...
like Tom Waits' THE BLACK RIDER, Blue Rodeo's FIVE DAYS IN JULY, the SHORT CUTS
soundtrack, and Ella Fitzgerald - First Lady Of Song...

--
Ring the bells that still can ring, 	|  Kevin Takahashi
Forget your perfect offering,		|  kktakahashi@cayley.uwaterloo.ca