Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thanks, KaTe!

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 93 19:44:14 -0500
Subject: Thanks, KaTe!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu

I just got back from the Chesapeake Regional stunt kite competition (with
competitors from Washington, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and
Pennsylvania).  This is a regional event associated with the Eastern League
Sport Kite Association.

I took first place in Open Quad Ballet (individual stunt kite ballet
performed on 4 line kites to a piece of music 2><4 minutes long).  I flew
to KaTe's "The Red Shoes."

I don't know if I would have done as well as I did if it hadn't been for
the song.  It was definitely inspirational and fun to work with.  I'll
probably be working more on my choreography for the song and my performance
thereof over the winter, and will use it again in the spring when the next
year's Eastern League circuit gets underway.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu |  what you see?  Do you like yourself?"  --N. Cherry |