Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Doesn't Suck....

From: mscott@borland.com (Michael Scott)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 08:01:42 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Doesn't Suck....
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@borland.com (News Admin)

I'm sorry, but to say outright that Candle in the Wind suck's isn't
fair.  I grew up with Elton John.  When Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
first hit the streets, it was a phenomenon - at least in my neck of
the woods.  CitW - at least where I grew up, was extremely popular,
and was/has been one of my favorite songs.

OK, so in your personal opinion - it isn't among your fav's, but
to condemn it outright... c'mon.

And, putting a reggae flavour to it - ie Kate Bush... amusing, to
say the least.

Michael Scott