Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Who are Maureen, Michael? Possible Answers

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 14:02:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Who are Maureen, Michael? Possible Answers
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Greetings my darling rocket tails.  The day before I bought TRS I picked
up a copy of the new Dead Can Dance album, which is dedicated to the
memory of Maureen Copper.  I think it is too much of a coincidence that
Kate also mentions a Maureen in her list of beloved departed ones, and my
speculation is that Maureen Copper was someone in the music industry who
was friends with many people -- perhaps the Homeground Twins could verify
this.

Can you really not ken who Michael was?  Who did Kate come to New York to
see?  Whose movie did she take as inspiration for the album and film?

I was in New York during the blizzard last spring, on a balcony of the
Royalton Hotel as it came roaring into town, hailing and snowing and
lightning all at one time, and the buildings all up and down 44th Street
slowly turned into mountains -- she captured it well, and with such
simplicity.

Karen L. Newcombe  "The buildings of new york look just like mountains
through the snow . . ."   "I'd be running up that hill, I'd be running up
that building -- if I only could . . ."

kln@crl.com