Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Clapton's contribution on "And So is Love"

From: langrlld@rtsg.mot.com (Daniel J. Langrill)
Date: 15 Nov 1993 22:10:36 GMT
Subject: Clapton's contribution on "And So is Love"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Now that I've finally gotten TRS, I've been listening to it a lot to
let it sink in...

I've got one observation about "And So Is Love" --

First of all, I really like the song...But, Eric Clapton on guitar is
sort of unnecessary to the song.  If you listen to the song, Clapton
"interjects" every once in a while during the song, but has no part in
the actual melody.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Anticipating flames- yes, Clapton is a
good guitarist.  However, his contribution to "And So Is Love" is
seemingly useless.  The song would have been just as good without the
"blues-y" guitar in between lyrics.
--

Dan Langrill
langrlld@marble.rtsg.mot.com