Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 120 Min: KT, DCD, Bettie Serveert

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 03:41:47 -0700
Subject: Re: 120 Min: KT, DCD, Bettie Serveert
To: ecto@ns1.rutgers.EDU, gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

Me about US MTV:
> For those who get the pacific coast feed of MTV you still have a chance of
> catching those 3 artists on 120 Minutes.  I've seen videos from them all
> on 120 Minutes before so they may not be new.

Kate Bush: US "Rubberband Girl", not new.
Dead Can Dance: "Yulunga", not new, it was on 2 weeks ago I think.  Very
  visually stunning.
Bettie Serveert: "Palomine", first time I've seen it on MTV.  I had seen
  "Tomboy" about a year ago.
They also played They Might Be Giants' "Ana Ng".

This probably reached gaffans too late but was out in ecto pretty quick,
even though there was probably no one there to use it.

Next week Bjork will play live and be interviewed.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?