Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My impressions of _The_Red_Shoes_

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 12 Nov 1993 21:18:03 -0600
Subject: Re: My impressions of _The_Red_Shoes_
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke) writes:
>	I like to think of it as what The Sensual World could have been,
>and should have been.

Maybe so, but they're no Jack Kennedy.

Wait.  Sorry, bad '88 election flashback there.

Even if TRS is what TSW should have been, neither one matches the Dreaming
or The Hounds of Love.  Got it right that time.

(neither is Never for Ever, but I don't hold that against it)
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
   The city calls to me...it cries to me of its need.  And as I approach it,