Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lionheart beats Kick Inside on Canadian TWW

From: "Ottis R." <BOYD@unb.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 12:25:24 GMT
Subject: Lionheart beats Kick Inside on Canadian TWW
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@unb.ca

Canadian love-hounds will be glad to hear that the Canadian TWW
rereleased LIONHEART has not been overly "tweaked" as was TKI.  The
bass and drum tracks are exactly right.  In fact, while the music on
TKI is still better (IMO; perhaps nicer is a better word), it is
easier to listen to LIONHEART. Again, the CD quality makes for
hearing some things in the songs that were impossible to distinguish
with my original vinyl.  I never really enjoyed this album before,
but now I can hear a lot more subtlety in, for example, "Hammer
Horror" than I thought was possible (it always seemed heavy and
disrupted before - very un-KaTe).  As for something like "In Search
of Peter Pan" - the "second star..." vocal chorus is just one of the
amazing segments of this CD which, because I never used to like it,
has me anticipating NFE all the more.  And who is "Emily" (opening
whisper from "WOW")?          -- Ottis