Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: ch0mpc@midge.bath.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 16:57:51 GMT
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: ch0mpc@midge.bath.ac.uk (M P Clifton)
Subject: TRS - Thoughts and Queries
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 16:57:14 GMT

Just a couple of things, really. I'm not going to post a review of
the album, because everyone else has done that, but I'd like to mention
a few moments of interest.

And So Is Love - The couplet 'You set me free/I set you free' must be
delivered in the saddest voice I have ever heard from Kate. I really
like this song, although I agree with some other posters that it's
lyrically a little sparse. Love the two-levelled leitmotif, though-
the slow, mournful 2,2,1 and the faster 3,1,2 beats.

Rubberband Girl and Moments of Pleasure were a real surprise to me
when they were first released - I loved the latter, lukewarm about
the first. Still not too keen on it.

One question though (and sorry if this has already been discussed -
I've been away from the net for a while) who - or what - is 'George
the Wipe'? Or did you come to the conclusion that it was another
of Kate's private jokes?

The first half of 'Song of Solomon' does nothing for me at all, but
I'm crazy about the 'I'll do it for you' section, which, I think,
is the best use of the Trio on the album. In fact, I like it so much,
I'm going to type it out!

		And I'll do it for you
		I'll be the Rose of Sharon for you
		I'll do it for you
		I'll be the Lily of the Valley for you
		I'll do it for you
		I'll be Isolde or Marion for you
		I'll do it for you
		I'll come in a hurricane for you
		I'll do it for you
		...a wop-bam-boom...

Just _love_ the way her voice breaks at the beginning of every other line.

Better not write any more or I'll be tempted to transcribe the whole
bloody album.

Oh, last thing was, is there a list of the hidden KT's anywhere? Doesn't
seem to be in the FAQ. The only one I can find is the bleeding obvious
one in Lionheart. Sad, eh.

Cheers,
Matt Clifton           ch0mpc@midge.bath.ac.uk

--
The Fendahleen advance, slowed not in the least by human resistance..
Doctor: Oh, did I say _salt_? Sorry, I meant _malt_...

----WhoKillers #54---------Matt Clifton----(ch0mpc@midge.bath.ac.uk)---