Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Constellation of the Heart

From: Kevin Gurney <keving@axil.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 09:48:21 PST
Subject: Constellation of the Heart
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Perhaps I've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone comment on the presence of
the phrase "the big sky" in this song, and the fact that it's rythmically
identical to the same words as sung in the song "The Big Sky" on the "Hounds
of Love" album.

For those who haven't heard it yet, the lines I'm refering to are:

 "We take all the telescopes
  and turn(ed?) them inside out,
  and we point them away from the big sky."

(from memory - apologies for tiny mistakes)

I wonder if Kate is being self-reflexive and saying that she has turned
her own view away from the ideas expressed in the song "The Big Sky" and is
instead looking more inward, to her heart.

Also, isn't there a telescope in the video for "The Big Sky"?

Anyone agree with the conjecture?  Disagree?  Couldn't care less? :)