Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TRS+7 days

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1993 03:49:54 -0700
Subject: Re: TRS+7 days
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
> o  Lily-  This is just me, but I have to disagree with the majority here;
>    this song just doesn't do it for me.  Yeah, musically it's great
>    but lyrically, it's a turn-off.  The only spiritual songs I like are
>    "Dear God" by XTC and "Christianity is Stupid" by Negativland.

I hope that's not the only reason you dislike it.  It's far from being
the only spiritual song on the album (or we have very different
definitions of the word spiritual).  Take for example...

> o  Constellation of The Heart has been getting a lot of bashing here;  I
>    think it's a fun song, and I love the Dialog part.  It kinda reminds
>    me of Waking the Witch, actually.  (Waking the Witch Lite?)
---
Alex Gibbs   arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               /`\  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do  `\   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed." `\  Love You?