Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Trio Bulgarka - sampled

From: "De Fish! of Waikato University, Hamilton, New Zealand" <DFONG@waikato.ac.NZ>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 18:39 +1300
Subject: Re: Trio Bulgarka - sampled
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

From: dfong@waikato.ac.nz (De Fish! of Waikato University, Hamilton, New Zealand)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 10 Nov 93 18:39:10 +1300

In article <m0owgIq-000il2C@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>, chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>    In a word, yes. The Trio Bukgarka is three Bulgarian women, Stoyanka
> Boneva, Eva Georgeieva and the amazing Yanka Rupkina. They were
> originally members of the Bulgarian State Women's Choir. An album
> of Bulgarian choral music, "Le Mystre Des Voix Bulgares" was released

AHA !
I've been trying to pin down a sample from a song and now I know the
answer !

The Strawpeople are a studio dance/dub band here in NZ, and on their
latest album there is a track called 'Worldservice'
which samples a multi-voiced "wail" and loops it on top of a
dance beat. Which I instantly recognised but couldn't quite
place.

My memory isn't that good though, so could someone please tell
me what track(s) the Trio are guested on ?

 - and no, the song doesn't get boring at all.

De Fish!