Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoes

From: Michelle Fox <ukyou@west.darkside.COM>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 93 23:36:13 PST
Subject: Re: The Red Shoes
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU
Comments: UKYOU? UKME. EIEIO.

ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes:

> I can't understand this.  Am I really wired so differently than
> most people here?  Constellation of the Heart is one of my three
> favorite tracks on the album.  The part where she sings the title
> several times in succession sends chills up and down my spine, just
> like the best of Kate's songs do.

I have to agree with the growing sentiment about "Constellation of
the Heart" it is one of my favs of TRS and has been since the first
spin of the disc.
I love it and in the same breath absoloutely dread listening to
"Why Should I Love You."

But while I am at I will also mention that I really, really like
"The Red Shoes", "Lily", "And So Is Love", and the also much
ridiculed "Top of the City."

As for the much prasied "Moments of Pleasure" I find it very
painful to listen too, although many of the lyrics are quite
touching.  It's an emotional song.

IMHO

Michelle

ukyou@west.darkside.com  /  rally@fennel.Berkeley.EDU
.....but you can't run away from it.  Maybe you'd better face it....