Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: misc kate murmurings

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 01:18 MET
Subject: Re: misc kate murmurings
To: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>    We haven't heard from Ron Hill in quite a while. He had a lot to deal
> with for a while, and I'm not sure when he last read rec.music.gaffa.
> The originator of the FAQ was Jorn Barger, and he has had nothing to

> do with rec.music.gaffa since his meltdown. So I'd say that Uli is
> quite welcome to post an updated version of the FAQ.

Ok, I've done some basic editings on the FAQ and will post a first draft soon.
Of course this now is a time where FGAs (Frequently Given Answers...) have
to be updated regularly, like 'MoP will be the next single' -> 'MoP is out
since two weeks' etc.

What do you think about crossposting the FAQ to news.answers and rec.answers?
At least as soon as I got a bit of input to the first draft.

BTW: Expect some big postings soon. I seriously hope to be bombarded with
(serious) mail helping me with that project, since I've been working on a
discography for a while now. It should not only contain the basic stuff, for
that would be easy to compile, no, my goal is to put anything that love-hounds
can track down into it. Like every issue of a certain single. Different
countries, different pressings etc. Those who know the little book 'The
Illustrated Collector's Guide To Kate Bush' (contact C-Side for it) will
know the concept, though I don't want to copy that book. Haven't looked
into it to make my discography. So right now my list has fewer entries,
but with your, yes, your help, this should change.

>    Actually Dave Datta is responsible for the contents, the very
> existence of the ftp.uwp.edu archive. BTW, Dave called, and I mentioned

Yes, of course, but I thought you asked Dave for copying the ftp.uu.net
archives.

> Uli's transcription of the lyrics, and he will be adding it to the lyric
> archive shortly. In the "Usenet insane fanatic" department, I'm afraid
> that we've fallen woefully behind the Rush fans. *They* posted the
> entire lyrics of the new Rush album two months before it's release.
> Hell, somebody tried to upload a soundfile of the *entire* album!

Hmmm... Richard? Missy? Why haven't you done this? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Two months in advance! Whew! But about 17 hours after the opening of shops
on the first day of sale (except South Africa) isn't that bad either...
And an interview transcription about 5 hours after the interview happened
is also not too slow, isn't it? And haven't you uploaded a third of the
album by yourself?

Bye,

Uli