Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Weee let the videos in

From: Gord Locke <glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 12:20:12 -0330
Subject: Re: Weee let the videos in
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <22683.9311010439@daiches.cogsci.ed.ac.uk> you write:

>The easy to get things seem to be the singles file, the sensual world
>and `live'. Are there others? Is any of them so much better than the
>others that I should run out and get it now?

	There's also The Whole Story which has clips for all the songs
on the album of the same name, plus The Big Sky, so it has all the vids
from Hounds of Love.  All four HoL vids are also on another video
collection called "Hair of the Hound".  Those two are the only "official
ones" missing from your list.  I guess therefore I would recommend
getting The Whole Story, but I think it may be out of print, I dunno.
One thing that makes The Single(s) File better is it has more early
stuff, which may be bad or good depending on how you look at it.  Even
die hard Kate fans cringe when watching "Them Heavy People", though I
must say I thoroughly enjoy it while I cringe. :-)  "There Goes A
Tenner" is probably her best pre-HoL video, and it's on TSF but not TWS,
so that's a better example.

>Mind you, the first video I bought was Home of the Brave, so maybe I
>should do some penitence for having strayed from the True Faith. I
>don't suppose they ever released a recording of United States...

	No, I can't really blame you for buying Home of the Brave.  I
saw it once and it totally blew my mind!  You are forgiven.  BTW, I
think there *is* a Laurie Anderson video called "United States", or are
you talking about something else and I'm totally confused?
--
          Gord Locke           |  "It'll never be a perfect world till God
   glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca    |    declares it that way / But that don't