Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: misc kate murmurings

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 93 15:42 MET
Subject: Re: misc kate murmurings
To: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> I think the real question should be what happened to the FAQ posting
> and is someone still maintaining the archives?  That's becoming a FAQ!

Hi Ron, Bill, are you listening?

The problem with the FAQ is that it certainly needs some heavy editing,
now with TRS being out and noone asking (yet) when will the next album
appear. The other problem is the silence of Ron Hill. I would volunteer
posting the FAQ once a month, but I don't want to take this away from
Ron without him saying 'ok' to this.

The problems with the archives is that Bill does seem to have only little
time to keep up with work on rec.music.gaffa. No insult at all, everyone
can have duties that keep him from such voluntary work. Now letting
gaffa/love-hounds reside on uunet.uu.net is a very good idea, being
that well connected as it is, but it really would be nice to have
up-to-date archives. Maybe the process of putting the 100-message-files
onto the ftp archive should be automated? Maybe the archives should move
to ftp.uwp.edu, that's the place where almost all other music related
stuff is residing and where most of ftp.uu.net already is (thanks to
Chris I think).

Bye,

Uli