Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Red Shoes - it's here, it's here :-) :-) :-)

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 93 01:27 MET
Subject: The Red Shoes - it's here, it's here :-) :-) :-)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

HI!

Today (well, yesterday, anyhow: on October 28, 1993) the new album by
Kate Bush, The Red Shoes, appeared in the shops in Germany. I checked
two of them, both in Frankfurt. The first one (Virgin Megastore) had 173

(174 before I came) copies of the CD. Counted 'em. The second one (WOM) had
a few less (about 25), but nevertheless it was there. Cheaper than at Virgin
(Grrrr...), but what do I complain - 4 years of waiting finally came to an
end!

Anyhow - I had a copy of the album on tape for about 2 1/2 weeks now (thanks
to you know who), but it is always better to hear it from CD instead of an
nth generation tape (THANKS nevertheless!), and especially to have the
lyrics sheet. As I reported last Friday (Saturday, ok) the booklet actually
is a small poster of 3x4 the size of a booklet. Side one contains the
title picture, the album credits and a poster with Kate and Stewart Arnold (?)
Side two contains a BIG BUNCH of fruits and the lyrics.

The KT-symbol is really easy to find. As reported earlier it's directly
below the lower shoe of the title picture, turned about 90 degrees clockwise
and a bit bent. No secret here, it's really toooo easy. The title of the
album appears above, the name of Kate below the round picture, as seen in
all German and English ads I've seen. Not like in the letter sized US promo
sheet for the album that I received today (thanks Suzanne!), as there the
places are exchanged.

I already hacked in all the lyrics and the credits, they follow in a second
message. Errors there are not always mine - check out for example the
credits to John Carder: "Photograpy" without the second 'h'! Please check
this out as soon as you find your version of the album - it'd be interesting
if they correct this someday. (How about a 'first pressing' check?)
Most other errors are probably mine.

I'd say that the album is QUITE interesting lyrically. If Kate and Del really
broke up then it is BY FAR Kate's most personal album so far. If not - then
it's not about her!

BTW: Del is not playing any instrument anywhere on the album, he's credited
as recorder and mixer and Fairlight programmer, and he's thanked.

Somehow I just knew the dedication line beforehand. I would have been
disappointed if it wasn't this one (or one to the same effect).

Now you want to know how the album is? GREAT! Listen to it! Try it out! Check
it out! (But I surely don't have to tell you all this...) I'm pretty bad
in describing music, so I will let others do this job. Hey, therefore I am
a quick typist!

I think I know the next Kate Bush Club quiz question: Name all the fruits you
can find on the album!

I can't wait for a certain entry to the famous PMRC list of Kate's songs
that should be banned... Or rather more than one entry.

Bye,

Uli