Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah

From: Les <WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 20:57:29 EDT
Subject: Sarah
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Sarah McLachlan was just on Petrie In Prime on NW.  This is a phone-in
interview show.....needless to say, the line was busy!  She said that she is
looking forward to kicking off her tour tommorrow and that it was much bigger
than she is used to.  She talked about the differences between her last CD and
the new one....in terms of the approach by management.  All of the phone calls
from fans were all complimentary...and you got the feeling from Sarah's
replies and expressions that she is extremely modest and perhaps still not used
to such praise.  I tuned in to the show by accident so I'm afraid I didn't
record it and I can't type it here.

I remember seeing her on a late night talk show several years ago.....either
Letterman or that guy who used to do the news on Saturday Night Live. (geez,
they say that the memory is the first to go...)  That interview didn't go to
well. At one point during her introduction, the interviewer kept saying,
"The Canadian Kate Bush!" and laughed about it.  She didn't look too happy
after the third time.  (hmmmmm....I think it was the guy from SNL)

I just picked up the rest of Happy Rhodes' CD's from the CD-Bar. Thanks CD-Bar!

Kate's album has been playing on CFNY and they are giving away stuff.  I've
been told that the other music playing "around" Kate's new stuff has been
Tori Amos, Jane Siberry and Happy Rhodes.

Les