Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Info

From: ***SEMPSY*** <cmh205@cck.coventry.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 12:09:08 +0100
Subject: Info
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Whilst waiting to go out last saturday,I switched Radio One on to hear Clare stt
Sturgess(?) ramble on about Kate's new album being the featured album that
morning.I heard 'The Red Shoes' and 'Eat The Music' played before i went out.
The title track is an excellent track with a strong bassline.I have to say th
though that 'Eat The Music' is one of the worst tracks Kate has ever done,she
has let herself down with this track.Anybody living in the UK would probably
associate the sound with the BBC's 'Holiday' programme,it is that bad.Though I
suppose even musical geniuses like Kate have off days now and again!
This morning I read a very encouraging review in 'Melody Maker' by Chris Robertts
He essentially said that if you buy only one album this year,it has to be this on
one.although he agrees with me about 'Eat The Music' being a bad track!Also next
week's edition will include an exclusive interview with kate so they claim.
Andy Semple