Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah Mclachlan

From: ag869@Freenet.carleton.ca (Rick Pali)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 22:51:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Sarah Mclachlan
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

>Could someone tell me what Sarah McLachlan's music sounds like.  She's
>certainly gotten a lot of press on here lately.  Is she someone that my local
>progressive/alternative radio station would play if I called up and request
>they play some or is she real mellow?

I'm not sure she'd be their ball of wax. I'd definitely give it a go, but
if the listeners are used to The Cure or something like that, you might
not like Sarah. She's got a few songs that you might consider rock (maybe)
but in general she's more mellow than that.

Also consider that I'm speaking exclusively of her first two releases. I
just bought her latest today (first day it's available) but I'm only on
track three as I type. She's not as accoustic as she used to be. You might
hear a track or two on an alternative station...

In any case I *highly* recommend her material!

Rick.

PGP public key available upon request...