Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS lyrics

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 11:45:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TRS lyrics
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I think the line that is hard to hear in TRS goes:

"The minute I put them on, I knew I had done something wrong
All her gifts for the dance had gone, the red shoes can't stop dancing"

So that after the brilliant dancer tricks her into taking the shoes,
she finds they do not confer the same gifts on her.  A little like
putting on dragon-scale armor only to discover it is cursed (for any
little ole role game players out there).

Although I have not yet seen the ETM video, I have a theory that this
land of fruit may be someplace the cursed shoes take the dancer after
she has put them on.  From Peter and Andy's description I am foaming
at the mouth to see it.

But still can't bring myself to PAY MONEY for television, and be
afflicted with commercials anyway.  Wasn't that the point of cable in
the dawn days, no commercials?

Where's the coffepot?  I haven't even had my first cup yet; 's why i
sound crabby.

Anyone in SF want to share their tape of ETM with me?  I promise to
have coffe before I come over . . .

Karen   kln@crl.com  It's going to be beautiful, it's going to be
wonderful, it's going to be paradise!