Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Those other Sarah McLachlan CD5s; my fave music store

From: Mark Susskind <susskind@west.darkside.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 08:33:51 PDT
Subject: Those other Sarah McLachlan CD5s; my fave music store
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU
Comments: Feed the people starve a cold

Just a follow up to my note from earlier this week.

The other two CD5s from _Solace_ in my favorite music store, are _Path of
Thorns (Terms)_, with a radio edit and the album version of "Path..." and
the album version of "Shelter".  The other CD5 is _Drawn to the Rhythm_,
with the album version and a live version of of "Drawn...", and a live
performance of "Gloomy Sunday".

I didn't get around to listening to the Sarah McLachlan Live disc yet,
but I appreciate your recommendations.

The store I call 'my favorite music store' is (*shameless plug*) =)
J & R Music World, 33 Park Row, New York, NY (near downtown Broadway),
which is near some downtown Manhattan tourist attractions:  the World
Trade Center, the South Street Seaport, the Nassau Street Mall
(pedestrian traffic only), Wall Street, and Chinatown.

J & R Music World has subsidiary stores that dominate Park Row near
Broadway with one store dedicated to classical music, another for jazz
new age, and international music, another for portable electronics,
another for home/office, one for computer equipment and accessories, one
for video cassettes, laser video recordings, and computer games, and,
coming soon, another store, which will have the durable electronic
entertainment equipment and accessories, thus making room in the anchor
store at 33 Park Row for more music.

It used to be crowded inside, but now it's gonna be crowded outside as
well!  Whew!

Shame on me! ;-)
Yours in Gaffa,
Mark R. Susskind