Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah CDs (sorry, no Kate)

From: S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 19:05:13 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Sarah CDs (sorry, no Kate)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (rec.music.gaffa)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1993 12:15:38 -0400 ag869@Freenet.carleton.ca (Rick Pali) wrote:
> >It certainly *IS* a good performance, and I agree that the recording
> >imperfections aren't a problem, but potential purchasers should beware
> >that the CD is very short. It's more of an extended live EP than a
> >true album length release.  I believe the price reflects this to some
> >extent.  Buy it by all means, I second Daniel's recommendation, but do
> >be aware of what you're buying.  I wouldn't want anyone to fail to get
> >into the music because they felt they'd been ripped off.
>
> Right off the bat I had assumed this CD was more of a single than anything
> because of it's low price and the packaging as well as the fact it says
> it's a limited edition CD. It was happy to see that it's over 38 minutes
> long. I've got full length CDs shorter than that.

My copy came in a standard CD jewel box (it was bought in Canada
immediately upon release) and I thought it was quite a lot shorter
than 38 minutes, something more like 25 minutes (must be old age
playing memory tricks again).  I'm glad my warning was unecessary.  I
too have several full price CDs shorter than that, and at UK CD prices
that is *NOT* good value for money!

--
Regards

Steve Fagg      ( S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk +44-279-402437 )
BNR Europe Ltd., London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA, UK

*** "Better drowned than duffers. If not duffers, won't drown". ***