Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoes cover picture

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 93 09:11:43 -0400
Subject: Re: The Red Shoes cover picture
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

                       ___
Regarding the "hidden"  |< on The Red Shoes:

(Spoilers follow...don't read this if you want to find it yerself)

In article <1993Oct8.210625.17526@bilver.oau.org> bdoherty writes:

>Try looking about a centimeter above the bottom edge of the circle, almost
>directly above the "R."  I have an 8"x11" flat on which this shows up very
>clearly.  It is disguised in the formations on the ground.

Yeah, and the stroke at the top of the T is really badly angled.  I
couldn't decide if this was it, but it probably is.  The easiest symbol to
find since...well, since TSW (it was a snap to find on my particular copy
of the US CD).  But before that, Lionheart.

In any event...  Take a look at the bottom of the...um....I think it's her
left foot; the one that's in the air, pointing at the ground.  It looks
like you can see part of the symbol drawn on to the bottom of the shoe.
Anyone agree?

(FWIW, I'm looking at the 8 1/2 x 11 promo sheet (the one stating October
5th...;-) which is absolutely lovely)

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |